Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Today, let me be love.

Today, let me be love.
Not the perfectly worded, one-sided love that comes only when it’s convenient or meets certain criteria.
Let me be the wholly accepting love that goes out of its way to be a warm blanket on shaking shoulders.
Let me be the Show Up kind of love that doesn’t ignore, deny, or dismiss when the pain is too big or isn’t my own.
Let me be the kind of love that speaks up when words don’t come easy and stays when things go back to ‘business as usual’.
Let me be the mountain-moving type of love that stops hate, clearing an unimaginable path for impossible hope.
I can be anything I want today.
Today, Let me be love—
-Rachel Macy Staffor

Today, let me be love.
The kind that speaks up when words don't come easy
The kind that stays long after things go back to " business as usual "
The kind that stops hate, clearing an unimaginabel path for impossible hope.
Today, Let me be love.

I felt fear, pain, grief, exhaustion – things no human being should have to carry,
let alone by myself, let alone for a lifetime.
There are things we can do to spread awareness and stop the hate.
Love – the kind that that protects, defends, and liberates – requires effort, risk, and action.
Together, we can.

No comments: