Thursday, March 04, 2021

March fourth

Tears filled my eyes, and I thought about it all day.
It seems late, like maybe I missed the window, but I also believe we shouldn't hold onto things that feel like lifelines.
In that spirit, I offer this:
I can’t tell you it’s gonna be okay,
but I can tell you the birds have something hopeful to say if you listen close.
Keep listening.
I can’t tell you how to keep your hands from shaking,
But I can tell you it’s possible to hold your own hand and be brave.
Keep holding.
I can’t tell you that you’re gonna feel warm and carefree again,
But I can tell you the sun can dry your damp soul if you give it time.
Keep waiting.
I can’t tell you that gaping hole in your life will fill anytime soon,
But I can tell you that faith and love are space fillers.
Keep filling.
I can’t tell you that the exhaustion will subside,
But I can tell you there’s no shame in sitting down to catch your breath.
Keep breathing.
I can’t tell you that your tears will cease,
But I can tell you there’s a fight song within you, just waiting to be heard.
Keep humming.
I can’t tell you the hardest days are behind you,
But I can tell you certain dates hold hidden encouragement.
March 4th is one of them.
A friend told me this today, and it helped.
So, I pass it on to you in hopes I’m not too late.
Keep marching. - Rachel Macy Stafford

I can't tell you that hardest days are behing you, but I can tell you certain dates hold hiddne encouragement. Today is one of them. - Rachel Macy Stafford

No comments: