Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The start of week 24

I am really tired of fighting bugs every week, they just won't go away. Machine is dirty and I am in crisis mode every day!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am very nervous on an upcoming project in PM1 outage on June 28th (work week 26). I was assigned to be the dryer cans inspector back in March/April, how do I get so lucky? Don't ask me, considered BoringFish is NOT a licensed PE or a metallurgy expert. I was supposed to have a practice entry in May‘s outage and be in charge for June’s inspection. May’s outage was moved, I never got the learning, and now it’s SHOWTIME.
Besides, being an inspector, I have several boilouts to monitor and utilize the outage as the golden opportunities to sterile the machine. Storage chests will be opened, flushed, washed and killed, killed, killed to bugs. I will be at work probably no later than 4 AM or I need to clone myself!

So now, I will be the project lead on the dryer cans because the real PE on the machine is on his balloon ride vacation in the end of June. For those who know about dryer cans, there is only 1 way to get in & out and it’s only fitted for someone liked me, enormously big! The function of the dryer can is to transfer superheated steam to the paper surface & evaporate the moisture. I hope I won’t have the claustrophobia attack or if I collapse inside the can, I will be the cooked, dead meat! I have a harness & now I am shopping for a retractable lifeline. I love shopping! Or I can think of the cans as a sauna, steamy and toasty!

A typical dryer can is 60 in. in diameter; my entry point is 16 in. x 20 in.
As for reference, this is a 48 in in diameter.

No comments: