Friday, June 29, 2007

I did not get hurt or burned in the dryer cans, difficult start up & starch saga!

Where is the end of the tunnel?
Why did I eat that sandwich for lunch?


After a really difficult start up effort at the stacks, the sheet finally sat on the reel at 12:30 AM. I left the mill at my max 1* hours and wasn’t able to chip in my help to the crewat startup, then shortly after that, the starch make down system decided to give up. That really helps made my day on Friday! Gelatin was so smelly and sticky!

Dryer can inspection was a thrilling experience, now I pretty much have most of the infamous vessels on my entry list. I can hold my head up high now~! Wait a minute, I should avoid being crowned as the designated inspectors in the near future. but I can smell it coming~~!

Rumor was verified, my old caption, MR. O found the lawn in IA is greener; thus he decided to move east and go inland to a Big W-recycled mill! I am somewhat suprised and I wish him well in the very very very very flat land!

Ruby, I needed that really bad!

No comments: