Friday, May 28, 2021

For myself,
practicing mindfulness and meditation means;
staying in the present moment
paying attention to to my feelings and reactions,
learning how to pause and breathe,
acknowledging my emotions/ feelings
Not resisting but instead accepting,
then letting them go

And more and more
I’m examining and challenging my perceptions
realizing every thought I think may not be true
understanding that much of my suffering
is generated by my own thoughts.
It has resulted in feeling more peaceful, more often
being able to respond rather than react
looking at myself and others with more
kindness and understanding,
making more space for gratitude and joy.

I’m reminded of the profound beneficial effect
this can have on my body chemistry....
The human body can be compared to cells in a petri dish maintained by a growth medium. Our bodies contain about 50 trillion cells and our growth medium is our blood. The brain is the organ that regulates and maintains the chemical composition of the blood. This control is directly linked to our perceptions and emotions which trigger chemical changes. When your emotions are those of love, joy, and gratitude, the brain releases oxytocin, serotonin and growth hormone, ALL chemicals that when added to cells in a petri dish will enhance growth and health of the cells.

In contrast when a person is in fear, anger, or resentment, their brain releases stress hormones (cortisol, norepinephrine and histamine) that shut down a cell’s growth processes and inhibits the immune system, which happens to be completely unsustainable for life, in the long term.

Remember; an emotion you feel consistently or a thought you think often enough, changes your perception, becomes a belief, and literally changes your biology. Pay attention to what you’re thinking and feeling, so that you change your biology in a positive way! Wishing you all joyful and grateful thoughts today! - Lori S.

The moment you change yoru perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body. - Dr. Bruce Lipton

No comments: