Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Work week 52

As the last 2 weeks of 2006 approach, I have been busy at work, although I have a hard time seeing much progress, since most of my compliments have to do with being foreman before. The machine is finally starting to run well, but my daily activity is mostly restricted to chemical process monitoring. I have also been keeping busy working on safety, including a recent MERS' drill, where I got to save a 50 year old woman. I was placed in charge of the scene, a diabetic patient with a heart condition and no pulse or circulation. Even with CPR and the work of the whole team, we lost our patient. Hope I do better next time!

I also enjoyed my first quarterly envirnomental advocate meeting. It was a little intimidating to think that the responsibility lies with ME! Of course, it always does, for everyone in the mill.

In my free time (what's that?) I picked up a tutoring student again. The preparation is very demanding, and good practice for me to brush up on my rusty skills from school. It's tought to tutor after a long day at the mill, but good for holiday bills. In what little time I have left, I have been trying japanese learning! Buddy 2310 got me an audio program, and I picked up some isolating headphones, but there is only so much Japanese I can absorb in one day - most of it goes in one ear and out the other.

No comments: