Friday, December 29, 2006

Week 53

Workers from Big W wood plant in Stayon, OR were sent to the hospital after eating holidays cookie police believe might have been doped with pot. The wife of a co-worker is the plant manager of that site! I wonder what she has to do now. In Longview, there are several securities checkpoint located at various entrances, you can't really get in with out being checked, they also do random car search!

I have been dealing with the blue dye system in the last several weeks. The clean up effort was slow and frustrating. It was completed days ago and maint. contractor was contacted for repair work. Things took a wrong turn and now we are back to having messy and corrosive dye outside of the containment because some careless practices and inproper ways of switching a empty tote sometimes in the past 48 hours.

I am on cruise control mode in work week 53, just trying to float with 4300fpm. By the way, I am starting to be a penny pincher, well ok, just for work! (THURS)I just asked the piano man-twin to make some additivies adjustments and we saved $10/ton. Not bad, but could be better! Seattle Times with back wet edges are the hot topic!

Find out mentor JH got a promotion in ALB and SP, I think, good for him! Horace is nice and have send me an email to say hi. It's important to know that I am somebody. I miss having him around. He is a great teacher. But afterall, he is only a phone call away.

There was fire and medical emergency call, this time is for real and the individual was transported to the hospital. It was very disturing and the exceptional YTD safety record may go down to toilet! RIR <1! Wish I could do something to prevent it!

No comments: