Tuesday, October 06, 2020

I wanted you to know joy,
so I laughed with you.
I wanted you to feel safe,
so I was there for you.
I wanted you to accept others as they are,
so I accepted you as you are.
I wanted you to be unashamed of your tears,
so I didn't hide mine.
I wanted you to be brave,
so I let you see me conquer my fears.
I wanted your heart to be tender,
so I treated it with care.
I wanted you to follow your dreams,
so I let you see me follow mine.
I wanted you to be compassionate,
so I showed you kindness.
I wanted you to be generous,
so I freely shared all I had with you.
I wanted you to live in peace with others,
so I lived in peace with you.
I wanted you to become who you were meant to be,
so I gave you wings and set you free. - L.R.Knost

No comments: