Wednesday, June 18, 2008

1 month anniversary, living the life in the NW

I would say that Mocha adjusted fairly well here in the NW paradise. She runs, she barks and she pulls! Mostly importantly, she has a new family, both human and 4 legged.

It' been a month since I got a shock collar with remote from Turbo/Panda's. I will need to shave Mocha's neck before I try the collar out. She is also learning to deal with the Gentle leader. It will takes times to show progress but that's is the life of a husky. It is hard to go against genetic and learn not to pull when they are not in Siberia or Alaska. Obedience school every day is her life long mission, passion and ambition. We are buds and Yeah, I understand doggish and she whispered in my ears and told me so!!!!!! LOL!!!!

What not to love in the NW? She has a bigger play area, covered from rain or snow. It is a gem compared to her old 5 x 5 deck. The weather is nice and she has 2 playmates to run with, plenty of stuff to sniff, not to mention plenty of plastic toys to chew. She also gets to go from sleeping outdoor full time, to indoor on doggie cushion or couch or onto my bed when good behaviour counts.

Only 2 biting incidents had happened so far, fingers are healed. So we will have some work to do and it will be a long way to build mutual trust.

Her nick name: 豬頭, and she has joined the family of 豬仔 and 乖女.

No comments: