Thursday, January 04, 2007

Week 1 of 2007

The new year started with many bowl games, frankly I did not care much except for the Sun bowl, because OSU was in it. USC won the Rose bowl.

Big W_N started the new year with the 0.0 RIR, so does everyone else. (Mr. Cooper's quote: The slate is clean and we need to focus on remaining injury free. Don't let down your guard!! Stay focused and take the time to think before each task.) Yes, I am preaching safety! Folks are still trying to figure out if we had a recordable at the end of the year or not (see blog Week53 for details). Anyway, the operator is fine and he went back to work the next day!

My fresh new year at Big W_N, I better work hard! Speaking of that, the first machine shut is on Jan 4th, Thurs, a 12 hours one! Not too bad, except we will be doing an acid boilout, my first one! I am busy scrambling for the last minute preparation.

Co-worker Roberta has invited me to go on a Caribbean cruise with her in March. 7-days cruise for $800 bucks, excluding airfares to Miami! I thought she was kidding, but it turned out she is going for sure, I think I may reserve time and money for my "other" vacation.

New resolution: actually I have a few of those, who doesn't?
1. $$$$$= sell my house, top priority!
2. Fitness= trimming
3. Job= Gonna earn my keep
4.
"Wink"


Then, here comes the Shut Day Saga! The day started at 5:15 AM. There were lots of confusion over "the lack of communicated" acid boilout with the stock prep operators, the "unprepared but expected" caustic contamination of the water source made things just a little bit difficult. We managed to complete the mild success boilout; since it still did not digest all the residual that was sticking to the headbox wall.

The week has been filled up by drama: the shut fever and the love turbulence. I was distracted for a good second when I was told that I am going to Seattle Times next week. I will be staying in the press room in the morning hours to see the run!

No comments: