Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is Noise? What is Signal?

BoringFish was learning about noise and signal tonight, very enjoyable.
Speaker profile in wiki. He is quite a renaissance man with many talents; an educator, an author, an economist, a philosopher, an attorney, a mathematician, an engineer and an award winning composer. He is the author of Noise, Fuzzy Thinking; Nanotime, and Heaven in a Chip: Fuzzy Visions of Society and Science in the Digital Age.

Keyword of learning: Fuzzy logic, chaos, noise, signal=energy & information, noise pollution clearinghouse, nausea, nano carbon tubes, Paul Pierre Lévy, Brownian motion

Noise animates us, even as it irritates us.-- Dr. Bart Kosko

1 comment:

Todd said...

No way. . .he's the guy you saw? I bet that would've been excellent. I started to read Fuzzy Thinking a few years ago.

I don't claim to understand it, though. :) Perhaps I would've had an easier time if I heard it in the form of a lecture.