Saturday, June 10, 2006

X-men: The Last Stand

It's a cool movie. Never saw the first one, caught pieces of the second on TV, but went to the theater to see this one. Kind of a big deal for little miss Netflix. I thought it was cool, and I really liked blue furball and all the fun mutants. I am one myself, you know.

I am mentally preparing for my second shift rotation, checking my email and keeping track of the battles to come: export, felt mark, fine tanks, water usage reduction, shipping, waste recycling and bander repair. Many things to keep my head swimming. Not to mention safety - I just hope to have low cull and NO breaks. No upsets or crises, cross your fingers.

I miss my family after the Canada trip - lots of mixed emotions, not to mention my birthday - kind of a chance to re-evaluate and imagine what lies ahead. I thought a lot about the sacrifice that my ancestors have made to bring me where I am today. The trip brought up a lot of emotions from my past, and not to be a party pooper, but it is a little disturbing.

June and July will be tough, marking the anniversaries of my two biggest losses. I am trying not to be too sad, and I think of them both every day.

My fence is getting more vandalized each day - I complained to the police, but they really could care less. Unfortunately, Thirsty Thursday seems to be taking its toll on my picket fence and lawn. May need to find an alternative solution this summer.

1 comment:

Fille-de-Etoile said...

That sucks about your fence. Wow, it got worse. Geez, why can't people just respect other people's properties? Have a good weekend.