Sunday, June 25, 2006

Summer Time

My Foreman tour is done, but now instead of a four day weekend, I am on call now. I'll be back full-time tuesday for a machine shut - they don't really need to have me there, but it is another chance to learn more about all the things that happen during a shut. Some time in the future I hope this is worth it - because I really do need some time to recover after a full shift as foreman. On a good note, I guess it is not a bag thing. Someone will be taking my tehcnical on call, hopefully by next month. This person is a strong-headed person, and so far I am not having a wonderful time with her, but we shall see. She is a nice person, but she has an abrasive personality and doesn't like to give credit to others.

OSU is making history in Omaha at the College World Series. So far so good - I just hope they can hold on for the finals.

I am nervous about my northern exposure next month. I read recently that W is talking to several parties in efforts to sell the fine paper business. This could be a big question mark for my future at W.

Weather looks really hot this weekend. I'm not going to get out of the house if I can help it - no biking, hiking or rafting. I will be catching up on sleep. I'll be a couch yam. Sweet potato I.

Davy finally got his award for the Ski Oregon Challenge. No pass, but he did get a plaque with his name and "first place" on it.

Mama is coming home - it will be an early morning at PDX. Keep cool!

No comments: