Monday, August 01, 2005

Continued Coffee Rescue

We are still hoping that Coffee will turn up some time before winter - he has been missing for almost seven weeks. We have tried hard to find him, and he still refuses to show his face. I miss him dearly, and hope that he will turn up safe and sound and make his way back to us. I worry that he is too cute - someone may have decided to keep him.

On the other hand, I threw myself into cleaning up the house (bit by bit), and progress is slow and steady. I am not wearing myself out, so I can keep up the constant progress. I am still working on taxes (my extension is almost over!).

There were a few episodes with my roommates, but in general we are getting along well, and learning to live with each others' odd habits. We had a mah jong party/dinner finally in July, which was a good way to make the house more of a home. That party was also a goodbye party for Angela, who has moved back to Taiwan to pursue her PhD in Computer Enigneering. I did not know her very well, but I am happy that I did get to know her for the limited time she was here.

2005 definitely has been quite a year - my beloved Grandpa passed away on Saturday morning (HK time). It has been difficult to accept that he is really gone, but I am beginning to learn how to cope with it. At least I did get to visit him not that long ago, and I spoke to him even on my last day in HK. He will be missed very much. Meanwhile, I guess I will be heading to the far east to pay my respects and love to him.

That is it for now - thanks for taking the time to visit me!

No comments: