Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Musings

Valentine's Day is here! Wishing you all a happy V-Day! Work was fun today, lots of talk about v day, and flowers, and chocolate - and love. H taught me an important lesson about the importance of giving flowers to your wife, regardless of expense and practicality (seriously). I think I can see why. Free holiday food and flowers make me smile. No flowers, no smile.

My machine tender was nice and in return I gave him some yummy chocolates. I gave him some ribbing about following Horace's golden rule of romance - I wouldn't want him to miss work tomorrow.

My grandma really made my day - we got to talk today about her desire to see me in a wedding dress in the near future. I tried to explain to her that I am not in that big a hurry to get hitched - I'm not as old as she thinks. She also urged me to lower my standards a little, and not be so choosy. Is it so wrong to look for a normal guy among the billions of men in the world? Normal, of course, is in the eye of the beholder...

In April I may have the pleasure of welcoming grandma to North America - time for a mail order groom? Will she bring her shotgun?

Tonight is lobsterfeast - we were cooking up some lobster tails as a treat for ourselves, and enjoying a quiet evening at home. Tomorrow looks like a busy day - headed back to Springfield, and way too much to do.

Dessert, Almond-flavored pudding with mixed fruit

No comments: