Friday, February 17, 2006

Roto-Rooter Pilot Lady of the Year

This week has been going by very fast. I hope I don't make you fall asleep with the following boring details of my work life. The week started with a DAF lockbox fiasco. Scary. Someone could have been seriously injured, and probably some heads would roll as well. On wednesday I was in Springfield - lady with many hats - I was an astronomer, pilot, lime mud person, clay scientist, parcview software person and passionate employee. Dave explained more about the art of giving on V-day, and the importance of romance. I fielded some questions about ladies' desires for flowers and jewelry that seem to be so common. Thursday came as a surprise - TMO meeting took the whole day, with contractors filling in the gaps. I had my chemist hat on. I found out that we are going to be having a new engineer - another process person, this time with experience. I also got to meet face to face with my contractor for the first time today - caught him vactoring a containment which will be the location of our new bulk tank for dry strength chemical. During TMO meeting some people were surprised to find me in charge of vactoring - I gained the title of Roto-Rooter Lady of the Year for my role in planning the vactoring work during TMO (and they reminded me that I am still Horace's grunt). There was a nice surprise at the end of the day, at least - an invitation to the Beaver basketball game versus the Cougars. Go Beavs! We won the game, and it was great to see my Beavers do so well. Adam had a presentation, and it seems to have gone well - all that hard work finally paying off. Congrats. Friday(the weekend) started with a bad note as someone at work was injured and was sent to the hospital for treatment. It could have been worst but he is doing alright now and is back on his job on light dutie.

No comments: