Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Emily's Complaint

Friday night I went to a play after work with Adam, and got my dose of drama for the weekend. I went to the University Theater presentation of Antigone - it was dramatic and intense. Not one of my favorite plays, unfortunately. We went to Intaba's to enjoy their 100% recycled building. The dinner was all natural local food, and a nice departure from all the pretentious eateries around here.

Saturday I was recovering from my long week of work, sleeping, eating and cleaning. How domestic. I did take a short break after dinner to sing a karaoke concert, after inspiration from Andy and Sammi and Wing.

Sunday I helped my roommate with her "excellently black" hair, and then took me out to the indian buffet. Dinner was with Todd in Portland - yummy thai food like they don't have in Corvallis. It was good to see my mom, and emily, too.

Monday I visited with mom and emily. Poor doggie stranded in Corvallis all by herself.

Tuesday Dave started his new job, being teased at the office. My tuesday night was spent at the new Engr building at OSU - nice building, but strange to be in new facilities at my old school. Lots of eager beaver engineers. Later I poked my head in at the Debussy string quartet concert (from France) at the hall. They were very good, but I had to excuse myself to care for the lonely puppy.

Wednesday was a hectic day for me. Representing W at OSU was a busy, tiring day, but there was a lot of potential in the crowd. It was funny to see old classmates, and where they are now (married). My soy team companions have all tied the knot. Just a little odd to think about. Emily is my new significant other - we spent the night out walking, and now she is sleeping with her nose by my thigh. Time to share the bed, Emily, move over. "Grrr"

No comments: