Sunday, January 29, 2006

Hectic and Filling weekend

The weekend started off with a very stressful afternoon on Friday - instead of making it home early for some quality weekend time, I was stuck late. My otherwise wonderful week of white top ended on a sour note with some brightness issues that slowed down the machine - surprise! - bad clay was the culprit. That will take some sorting out, but it was thankfully a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

When I finally made it home on Friday, I was late for the play I was going to see, and grabbed some pizza for dinner. I spent friday night playing board games and talking. Our game of Life (Simpson's Edition) was very intense, and fairly lengthy. We ended up being very close in money and tiles, and the anticipation built until I found out I had lost by $10,000. Dang it - even as the mayor I couldn't quite get enough bribes to win. Oh well. By that point I was tired, and ready for bed.

Happy B-day! Adam! Saturday was extra hectic with helpers painting and my usual last minute rush to get ready for a trip to P-town. I never seem to get on the road quite as quickly as I expect. Once in p town, I did some garage cleaning and spent some time with Tod and picked up my copy of "Fat Choy Spirit". Later in the evening, A and I filled up at the seafood buffet - he tried about 20 new things - an indication of his landlocked upbringing. Never tried mussels? Where has he been?

Sunday I was overwhelmed with food and had to nap it off for the afternoon.. I thought I lost my appetite for the day, and then filled up even more with a new year's dinner. Yum. New year is no different than any other festival, eating seems to be the fave past time event. They should make it into a sport. Oh.. wait a minute, they already do! You know, the very popular eating contest in ASIA! There will be another round of eating in my pad for sure; more practice for me to seek a ranking. LOL. The night came to a close with early bedtime, and posting to my blog (see?). Shout out to Tod - it's your year, Dog man! This week I should be catching up on my regular priorities, back to the chemical world. More white top performance evals, PMP eval, and preparing for upcoming Metso meeting. Another busy week for Boringfish.

In related news, Mom won the 'who called grandma first' contest. So much for my streak. I will continue New Year's greetings to family throughout the week. Happy New Year to you, as well, dear readers. Gong Hay Fat Choy (cantonese version) ;-) A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Renee
Endora and Fiona here " Kung Hey Fat Choy". Wish you all the best coming year.
Fiona at Endora's home

BoringFish said...

Hey babe(s)

What's cooking?
Happy New Year to my Homies.
Buzz me!