Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wild week at W mill.

This week has been crazy, it has been filled with fun and 'friendly' actions in our paper mill.

Turning in my R & D statement on time was great. A few folks at work are still working on that. They are pretty stressed out right now. My counterpart was upset about the extra work. oops. He got emails to remind him. But he didn't open them.

Yesterday, a broke pusher accidently fell into the dry end pulper, it added a lot of excitement to my morning. It became a quiz for me on how to handle such an event if I am all alone. Safety first! I got visitors, too. Metso service folks stopped by again for more work on the analyzers [get the analyzers, ABB and PI talk to each other] oh and Cati. In the afternoon, more emveco on white top and we got to meet with Nalco folks and it was great learning about felt wash. Quote Horace "no guts no glory" in applying caustic in the application.

Quite another paper mill day for me, first thing in the morning, I was informed with the news that white top run was cancelled for next week and will be postponed till late April. I will have more time to prep for that, maybe additional chemical for brightness: FDA-approved optical brightner??????? More Metso, Nalco and BASF folks in. I got to sit in a meeting about PSA and billing with Metso managers in the morning, also gotta push thru the PO for April TMO in the pulp mill. New CO2 system is being tested at the moment.

The mill got a more than one noise complaint last night about some alarm noise; funny thing was some lady decided to take the matter into her own hands. Nightshift forman found her trespassing onto the mill site and standing looking at the alarm/tank/building. That was extremely nutty. Not sure what she planned to do about the alarm...? Maybe stuff a sock in it? Or give it a swift kick? Some people seem unsatisfied with a phone call (or seven).

WW solids, polymer system, felt wash system are the highlight of the day!

Blue Sky is not so good - call me picky all you want but I would rather eat at Fung's. Just me. I am not impressed with my meal tonight. Food, ambience, companion... not working for me. Oh well. Blossom is good. Buzz

What the heck is a staph infection? Glad I'm not the lucky one!

1 comment:

styrofoamtuna said...

Wow, you had someone come onto mill property to investigate an alarm? Pretty freaky.. good thing you have security! Hope the rest of your week is splendid!