Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A paper mill day!

There were quite a few excitment in the last couple days. During the weekend a vacuum truck rolled into the settling pond - someone forgot the e-brake, and a simple pond clean-up became a salvage operation. Big fancy crane.... to rescue wheels flying in the mid-air.. "who wants to swim in the settling pond?".

Monday there was an emergency shut on #3 - burned felt and drives issues over the weekend. Nalco folks were here for some special audit. They will be around for a few days. Today we had PM#2 scheduled for shut down. Metso paper folk were here for the headbox. The shut went well - I devoted my whole morning to a PM3 amico chase. I won't share too many details, as it was not pleasant to the machine and personnel. I had visitors today from Springfield. 'Genius' Dave and Scott 'Junior' were here for TMO prep. I got to visit with them and four of us went to lunch (& Wayne). During lunch we realized that only one person at the table was married. With 31 years of experience, Dave helped explain to us the wonders of married life. He also let me in on a little known secret - it is not a good idea for woman to get married in Arkansas. They do things a little different. Dave also explained the 'point' system - you could learn a lot guys! I found out that one of our foremen is battling cancer. Good luck! God bless him, and he was still working hard today!

My afternoon was about follow-up items: Learning, sharing, updating (all about 90#), white-top prepping, white water solid consistency in ABB and PI. Tomorrow will be busy, since I am now falling behind on my regular duties after all the excitement. This evening was good - I had dumplings with Wing (they were so yummy!) and got a chance to watch 2 episodes of cruelty ding - an HK version of Idol. I also got to scream my lungs out for half an hour while singing along to Andy. That was my big day today. Now it is time for bed...

No comments: