Monday, June 18, 2018

A nice reminder to all dads and ( moms)

If you’re a man with the best intentions, working your butt off to be the greatest dad you can possibly be, and you just don’t feel appreciated, here’s a Father’s Day apology to you…

I’m sorry you’re constantly being mocked and made out to be an incompetent parent. It bothers me and I hope it bothers you also. It should. Don’t become numb to it. You deserve better.

I’m sorry you’re constantly being criticized for supposedly doing everything wrong, and then in the next breath criticized for not taking enough initiative in parenting or housework. Hey, I wouldn’t take initiative either if someone was continually making rules for me and telling me that my way of parenting or housework is not good enough.

I’m sorry that so often the people closest to you are focused on the small, unimportant things you’re doing differently than them, instead of focusing on the unique, awesome relationship you have with your children.

I’m sorry that when it comes to parenting, you’re not treated as a true partner, but instead as a child.

I’m sorry that the mocking and petty criticism sends a message to your sons, who might want to be dads someday, that men are less capable of parenting. Ouch.

I’m sorry for that stupid saying “boys will be boys” because it so obviously implies that you have no control over your actions and that you’re completely weak. Don’t buy into that crap.

Dads, no matter what you’ve heard from the people in your life, the internet, the media or our society in general, don’t ever for one second underestimate your importance in your child’s life!
- Kristina Kuzmic

No comments: