Monday, November 07, 2005

OUCH, a broken wrist!



Last weekend, Horace and I were both on call. A serious mishap resulted in a mill employee concluding his work day and his probationary period with a broken wrist. The event triggered several minors and near misses. I am assigned to develop machines spill control plan as the outcome of this unfortunate event. We were 3 days short of celebrating the mill’s 1 year with no lost time injury record. It reflected badly upon Horace and me as we were the chemical duo at the mill. Go wet end!

Sylvia’s birthday, no bowling for us in this celebration. We went out for dinner! Instead of the usual hour long wait at the Red Lobster, we had a designated waitee, who provided us a choice table, and saved us an hour of waiting in the cold. And then he didn't even stay for dinner! What a sacrifice. Thanks from the three of us! The day went by fast as Wing and I spent time at outlet and Fry’s.

Halloween was uneventful. I had 5 young adolescent trick-or-treaters. WOW.

I went to mass for all Saint’s day on Wednesday. I missed my grandpa and coffee a lot and I hope they are happy.

On Thurday I went to my first APM career counseling section, the experience was positive, encouraging and frankly, I am more confused then ever. It raised a lot of questions and my prospects got cloudier. We will see what’s cooking, later that evening, I went to Bio-diesel seminar in Salem; it was hosted by the AICHE Pacific section. It was a fascinating topic and I have so much more to learn.

Friday night was little nervous, Too much going on to explain. Just take my word for it. On Saturday, Scott, Jenny, Emily and I went to the coast. What a lucky guy when he was accompanied by 3 pretty girls. I had fun even though it was pouring rain in Florence. I would like to hang out with him and Jenny more before they decide on their move to Central Oregon. On Sunday, I went to Portland for the day, a lot of errands.

Maple trees are shredding skin, lots of leaves to rake for the handy man. I continued to have headaches caused by trees in Portland, gutters /fence/water spot/plumbing, the joy of being a house slave.

Flu shot was given out at work...hm....Ouch, needle!

No comments: