Monday, October 10, 2005

Time to take a deep breathe! Things can get stinky!

After an aggressive and vigorous preparation for the highly anticipated medium run, the medium was a successful qualified run. Since I got back from my trip to China, I have been working day and night to get the medium work done. After getting multiple planning meetings and crew meetings into the wee hours, the work is over and I have many binders and paper to show for it. The experience was a great one, not to mention, I got to work with my fave scientist again. Dwight. He is one smart man and I have learned things from him every time I talked to him. He gave me a copy of a computer model that can predict strength in STFI and Concora, geometric mean based on machine jet to wire: rushing or dragging. Ok, a pat on the shoulder to Horace and myself and PM3 folks, as well. We all worked hard together.

OK now, what’s next? Fiberline ops class is coming up. I definitely want to take that class on Friday to expand my horizons in the land of the cooking vessel.

Horace left for the corrugators last Friday and today, so I was liked the Lamby person.
Hambybond has been re-named to Lambybond. The medium run wasn’t too bad. Now with the completion of the medium run, ha-ha, no breather for me, I will dive right into DAF and white top and maybe some Autoline & wet strength. I have been assigned to look after the DAF process area. D3 just experienced a costly failure and needed a new person in charge. DAF stands for Dissolved Air Floatation. It’s cool if you can imagine that waste treatment facility use that principle all the time. But I am not scooping poop, I am doing fiber! LOL!

On the side note, I decided to do something with my social life, starting in early October, let see what will come out of it.

Coffee is still on my wish list, but I haven’t been able to make my way up to the Peninsula for obvious reason. I am swamped with work; never ending work. That’s terrible, and I need a new life.

Andy Lau is going to be in Vegas on x’mas eve, I want to go to that. But then, my budget for a piano or ski trips will be over…… decision!

No comments: