Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Resonating..reflection

My friend Peter posted this quote on social media, "Always pray to have eyes that see the best, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith. "- unknown

His friend, A.B. respsonsed with the following

"I'm sure everyone has their own experiences but for me, I can't agree with this posting. Seeing the best in people can make you blind to their worst. Heart that forgives the worst, allowed others around me to continually take advantage or abuse me. Mind that forgets the bad, I forgot for 4yrs until 7 panic attacks, 7 calls to the crisis hotline, and 5 visits to the emergency room helped me remember. And a soul that never loses faith, that only matters if you interact with people. Hope and faith leave you vulnerable to be taken advantage and abuse. Instead, accept people for their actions and what they say, not everyone is mentally or physically healthy. We're complex humans with both good and bad. You can't change them or influence them but always have personal integrity in everything you say and do. We can't be perfect but try so there's less self-loathing. Never forget the bad so you can use it as a benchmark to praise the good and be grateful. Always forgive yourself and strive to be better than your former self. And ultimately, you're at war with yourself no matter the environment or situation until you learn that life lesson. There'll always be a pop quiz in the future and same lessons if you need to relearn it. The one lesson that constantly challenges me is to learn to be kinder and more patient with self. So far, that's what life has taught me and it's a constant lesson to relearn with each new person I meet."

The words are powerful.

No comments: