Thursday, March 05, 2009

My 1st disappointing day of this season

BoringFish is bummed out. OverworkedFish got a floater day from the dungeon, got up way too early to go to White Pass with Joe & Manda & others. You may ask " where is White Pass" It is on HWY 12, part of the Cascades Mountain Range.

When we finally arrived from the epic journey, the mountain was in locked-down mode. With 80 miles wind gust and VERY low visibility, the lodge issued " out at your own risk" order. Some of us waited at the lodge for 2.5 hrs while others decided to hike to the top. Once they dreaded their frozen asses off the hill, we headed home.

While they were hiking, I decided to check out the snow castle children playround and I was beat by a 6 years old to see who could get to the top of the castle first. In the process, I was on my butt several times and without my hemlet and googles, I was blinded by the storm.

I just had a blizzard and it is not from Dairy Queen.

Weather report after the fact : Snoqualmie Pass reopened in both directions following snow closure

No comments: