Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pre-TMO madness

Work has just been very busy this week. I won't go into detail, but here are some of the highlights.

No more intern supervision - yippee - I can be myself, as well as mini-Horace. I had a good week standing in Horace's shoes, and prepping for white top. Checking on clay, blue dye and pulp supplies.

I learned the perfect term for chemical shortages - dilution is the solution. Water is amazing. The TMO has been keeping me very busy - stress and depression waiting for all the shoes to drop. Meanwhile, it feels like I will be stuck in recovery and pulp and kiln, missing all the fun on the machine side. The senior engineer from OK is now going to be in rotation for pulp foreman relief, and Eric H got a promotion to be 2ndary fiber superintendent. Douggie is retiring from the machine, leaving room for me as relief foreman - a follow up to my December training.

On the personal side, I will give you the condensed version. Fell in love with james the cat, from CHS. I can't have him, though - too much catnip, doggie trouble, and allergies. Next up is Ting's wedding. I went there and learned that it is now my turn - not. Adam & I went to Coos Bay/North Bend. Other than the mill closing, the town seems just like it was when I left. Gloria finally left us, after suffering for a long time. David went to New York, saw some family and a broadway musical.

Austina finally moved in about three weeks ago, and I managed to get the place in shape - now she can help me pay for it. Secret developments on the horizon in WA... more details if developments merit.

I had a chance to talk to Grandma and Fiona - it was good for me, and I miss them both a lot. I had not been keeping in touch as I should.

No comments: