Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tickle my Feet


First, work: I survived my 73 hour work week, and I feel very good about my performance, in spite of physical exhaustion. My 'B' crew day was alright. I was mostly puzzled about the direction of the mill because of the mill manager's announcement of his December retirement. Maintaining high morale is crucial in this kind of situation. My 'D' crew day was very good - I felt very confident, and enjoyed the busy foreman day. My 'C' crew started with a great learning experience -the machine was hay out twice with a total of more than 3 hours. Frustration, fatigue, rushing, definitely set in amongst my crew. It was stressful trying to get the machine rolling again. Thursday morning I got a chance to chat with Fred for a couple of minutes. He was complimenting me for doing a great job - that certainly eased some of my anxiety. I took a couple hours off on Friday to finish some process projects. Saturday was pretty good - things were running pretty well, and I felt I was doing well as a foreman. Now, the fun stuff...

Thursday my mom came down from P town to deliver me my uncle's used dining table. Very nice of them to do that for me. A got to meet with my mom as we all went out to dinner afterwards. Saturday afternoon I went hiking after work in McDonald Forest. It was good to catch the last of the daylight, before it got freezing. I am jealous that Dave got to go snowboarding on Sunday - I would have liked to go, but I was needed for some festivities in Portland - Wing's Birthday. We went shopping at our regular spots, Woodburn and Fry's - and we both spent some money. For dinner we met up with Sylvia without our designated waitee, and we pigged out at Todai. It was not as good as I remembered, but they did have some cake for the birthday girl. Austina is on her way to HK now. Have fun there! & party on.

Emily will be traveling back to huskies state for awhile. She is going miss her boy.

25F..(-4 c)... icy!

No comments: