Thursday, January 27, 2005

ENP tandem felt wormed leadout roll Shake Rattle and Roll

Weather in Oregon was good. It was like springtime at work. I was looking forward to my first paper machine meeting, but then BAM!, a loud noise while I was in PM3 control room: and there were rolls in the press section vibrating violently. Then followed the emergency shut in PM3. As I went to the platform to survey the damage, there was the ENP tandem felt wormed leadout roll fractured right in half. The top felt, the tandem felt and the ENP blanket were replaced as well . What a day! Luckily no one was hurt from the fiasco. I continued to devote my day in testing and tweaking the consistency meter. The progress has been encouraging. I will continue to work on that tomorrow... Meanwhile I am behind on my whitetop clay trial work.

Michael found a posting of a job on Moster with WereHowzer. I hope he will apply and move to Beavertown.

Gotta head home now and catch up on my booty sleep. Hasta la vista loca.

No comments: