Thursday, November 08, 2018

The era of spanking is finally over
Praise Not Great advice and examples from Lisa Sunbury, Regarding Baby:"I suggest if you really want to convey your love, and let your child know you really see, hear, and appreciate his efforts and achievements, you say things like this: “Wow, I really like how you are remembering to stay near me today instead of wandering off.” Or, “Thank you for waiting so patiently while I paid for the groceries.That really helped me.” Or, “You remembered to walk while we were in the library today, and I didn’t have to remind you.” Or, “You worked really hard to put your shoes on all by yourself and you did it!” “Wow, look at all of the different colors you used in that drawing. You worked on it for a really long time. Tell me more about it.” “You were patting the kitty so gently. I can tell she liked it, because she was purring.” “You tried, and you tried, and you did it!” “I noticed you shared your snack with your friend today.” Say thank you, and give specific, meaningful feedback about what you see, what you hear, what you appreciate, and what you notice, especially when your child has really persisted in a task, has acted kindly, or has co-operated with you in some way. It’s always appropriate to thank your child when they co-operate with a request..."
Lavender’s Soothing Scent Could Be More Than Just Folk Medicine
What would cities look like if they were designed by mothers?
It’s science: Reading the same books to your child over and over makes them smarterscie
Why It's Better to Introduce Your Kids to Your Boyfriend Right Away

No comments: