Monday, June 20, 2016

Reflection: I am still ISO of the "person"

"Sometimes we get lucky in life. Sometimes the sum of what we are seeking in ourselves is reflected in the sum of what another person is seeking in their own life. I am proud to be on this journey with you, seeking, and finding."- AW. Kindness, acceptance, generosity, love, compassion, tolerance and patience, SO SO SO important. My son needs you to demonstrate a loving and healthy marriage. Treat his mother with respect. My son you to be involved in his life. Not just present but involved. My son needs you to be a positive male role model. My son needs to learn trust from you. My son needs you to teach him about love, playing ball, changing a flat and saving wisely. My son needs you to tell him he is beautiful inside and out. My son needs to never ever question your love for him. I questioned that love from my father long ago. I didn’t get to say goodbye. “Kids need comfort, security, protection, love and attachment. But they also need to be encouraged to explore, be independent, problem-solve and take safe risks,” Yogman says. “To some degree, families tend to divide those tasks up and fathers take on the latter. That’s not to say single parents can’t do both. It’s more stressful and harder, but they end up doing both.”

No comments: