Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dark August: capital outage and safety record

I am part of a million dollars project...but the shut at the wet end had NOT been going well. 1 more day to work on it and 5 hours fo me to sleep before I get back on the interstate.

Safety is a top focus, folks were getting hurt at the jobsite left and right in 2008's 2nd and 3rd Qs. IP-ALB had 1 recordable in July. NP and LV had 3 recordables in the past 3 months with many stitches counting. Bump cap is not too far away from reality. Then..here we have news about Workers burned by "Black Liquor" in GA.

Local Profitability: we bit SPL by half of 100 in July. It will be interesting to see how we fight for survival in this digitial-electronic informationa age, readership is way down. Up North, the pink slips are being hang out and I will be saying bye bye to a few ones at FW after the box biz bye bye, they are mostly scientists. But young Kevin Y is an exceptiona, I don't know his story but I am sure I will hear from him in FB and NAAAP.

TAKAO said hello again.... I need to write to tell him that I am such a bad friend.

No comments: