Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 34

BoringFish started carpooling to work with HuskyLady. The experience was interesting. Huskylady opted to be the main driver in this carpool collaboration, a plus for SleepyFish because I could just sit back and relax. The weekly learning from the carpool were: her sister unique parenting skill & her fascination about adult romance books. We finished the last disc of a 4-disc vampire-pirate adventure friction and the first 6 chapters in a vampires-warriors romance friction. One challenge we faced was to agree on a GO HOME time daily. She is a 45 hr/week engineer and has been whining about the work time conspiracy from KFC because BoringFish got her home late everyday this week. I really need to improve my time management otherwise, I will lose my ride!

Work week was stressful. Catching up, meetings, gauging project(I want to go to OH), bleaching trial, caliper trial, cost & ops (both machines on my own), and new trial planning, trouble-shooting and continuous picketing with vendors about cost and inventory were the key ones. “KFC quitted us liked a dirty shirt” one said. Rumors were flown high about his alternatives replacement(s)! I definitely missed him as a leader because he smiled too much now! He went to the dark sides!

My new nickname is "bad date", coming from " do you miss me ? " !

To ensure the quality of our pleasant work environment and excellent team spirit, PM1 got a new popcorn machines. Not to forget the spacious kitchen, with clean & practical appliances (washer/dryer/range/fridge), why do we want to go home when one can enjoy machine break movie on those flat screen TVs with a cup of coffee, hot dogs and butter pop corn?

Safety is not doing so well this week. My fave P&C, Lance got his finger pinched on fiber shutdown, so now we have a recordable. I talked to him at the start of the day, wished him a good and safe day. Now he is injured and we all felt for him. Hope he is doing ok. Then, last night, an operator went unconscious on the machine floor. And today, a fork lift got damaged. Recall about a week ago with the safety gold award, man, we need to work on SAFETY. THE RIR in the end of July was 0.68! That was fantastic!

Wed food nite with Eriko & Miss J took place at old town pizza in old town Portland. My fave Portland Pizza eatery. More later.

Hong Kong maths prodigy, aged nine, wins university place
七人壽司美食團
China's elderly care conundrum, an elderly home-assistance program? Any one?

Movies I saw this week:9 songs, a very sexually explicit movie. I can't say no more.

August is National Peach Month. These popular summertime fruits are believed to be native to China, where they represent longevity and good luck. Today, there are more than 700 varieties of peaches worldwide with about 300 kinds grown in America.

PS: I got home ok via another ride & let's just hope that Huskygalpal won't stay at work for the rest of the night.

No comments: