Thursday, October 05, 2006

Gone with the Weam

Adjustment is going okay, but I miss the old crew - they tell me they feel the same. I'm sure I'll have a chance to see them again.

We could have had the highest score at the golf tournament, but my partner was too ashamed to put down the real score.

September was a memorable month - lots of pie and desserts. Five people left the mill over the course of the month, two through attrition, two (Chad & myself) moved into new jobs, and one was simply 'released'. I finished three shift rotations and a week of orientation at the new place. Busy month, but it all went well, and I feel that I have made it through the most difficult part of my transition.

I also made a trip to see mama and Emily up on the peninsula.

I enjoyed my first search upon entering the site at work, having myself inspected made me feel extremely lucky, but I forgot to buy the Powerball... someone else must have won my $200 million.

Winter season is just around the corner. I'm hoping to make more trips to the mountain this year, following in Davie's footsteps. He has been putting together plans to do the Ski Washington challenge this year, and invited me to see the new Warren Miller movie as motivation to join him on the slopes this year.

No comments: